Thursday, November 19, 2009

I Feel You Behind Me, But How Did You Find Me Here?

Breathe in.
Walk in the light is the song that we sing
As we try not to get lost in the dark
Children of light, know where they're going
Just as Christ's tender, teaching remark

Breathe out.
However so many choose not to believe
The countless miracles done by His hand
Though they've seen, they cannot conceive
For they know not where they stand

Breathe in.
Their eyes are blind and their hearts are hard
The validity of their trusting eyes has been pealed
The heart in their chest is iron and barred
If only they would keep the faith and be healed

Breathe out.
But where am I on this list of the faithfull professed
Do I turn and run with all faith? Do I trust or fail?
No, I stand in my own extremity and sedition confessed
No more, I say, no more. I turn, run, and exhale

Rhyme inspird by St. John 12:35-40
And David Wilcox "How Did You Find Me Here?"
And Paul Cardall "Breathe"

No comments:

Post a Comment