Wednesday, November 4, 2009

And Honey You Know Me, It's All Or None

Running away won't do the trick
Working and thinking just make me sick
Going home helped tons but still
There is no "happy-go-lucky" pill

I'd like to say that the answers I know
But that's a lie that I can't blow
I don't know what I want to do
I don't know what I want from you

The only thing I know for sure
Is that I know nothing of cures
I felt so great and a peaceful rest
When I agreed that we did what's best

But now I am so so very confused
I feel like my emotions, I have abused
I pray and pray and pray and wait
I'll just have to settle my own debate

I don't know if I will return
Even if it is what I yearn
Is it good? Is it right?
I'll think it over one more night

Rhyme inspired by sleepless nights
And Missy Higgins "Where I Stood"

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I shouldn't but this is my choice
    To say how nice it is to hear your voice
    The more I think I see I was unfair
    to move back and forth with my love and care

    Would you feel this way? no feel that
    I wouldn't blame you if you left me flat
    but I'll wait if it takes several nights
    and be quiet and respects your rights

    I'll confess my love for you never did stop
    You've got something no girl can top
    But, this decisions a battle I know in kind
    I mostly hope you find your peace of mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspired by: You're the one- Tracy Chapman and Giving up- Ingrid Michaelson

    ReplyDelete