Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Sophomore Slump Is An Uphill Battle

Every time I start a rhyme
I sit and stew, without a clue
Of what I want to say to you

It's a shame that I cannot blame
This writer's block of shock
On a gushy, brainy keyless lock

I look around and to the ground
From my bed, I scratch my head
The runes at my wits must be dead

"Think! Think!" I say and blink
"Gotta be a thought I've fought
That may just like to be caught"

It makes me grieve as I perceive
The reason for my adroit treason
The deficiency of verbal season

I embark to look through books
Frantic search of a brew so new
Only to find a mangled haiku

Up my hands must go, I bellow
Acuity must flux with this crux
Leaving all design to dim clucks

I quit

Rhyme inspired by nothing at all
And by Jason Mraz "Wordplay"

No comments:

Post a Comment