Thursday, February 18, 2010

Couldn't Keep To Myself Enough

The subtitle of this blog is "If you can't talk about it, Freestyle." But it seems that we have come to an impass, because finally I have something I can talk about.

Timing.



Our lives are like a line of dominoes
Push one down and watch the others flow
The difference is, you don't really know
Where you'll end up or where you'll go

Not that I'm saying that we have no control over our lives and that all we can do is watch the pieces fall, but if you think about all the influences in your life that have come together to make you the person that you are, there is a lot of timing that goes into the process.

Then how is it now that I have to care
About where I step and for what I prepare?
Why is it that I'm living on a prayer
That somehow, someway I'll get somewhere?

You see, the misunderstanding is recalled
That I cannot change the place where I fall
But oh how foolish this assumption crawls
Back to its author so faithless and small

It is weakness to choose to believe that our lives have an outcome that we cannot change because it is led and defined by forces outside our control; to put God in a position that discounts your own choices. However, it is also weakness to choose to believe that you do not need a God and that you are the only one in control of the outcome of your life.

It is true that a domino needs some nudging
How hard and when is what we are judging
It's a fine line we are continually smudging
Of when it's our turn,& when it's God budging

The strength of faith comes in realizing that we don't hold all the pieces and we don't call all the shots. Though ultimately the decision to act lies in our capacity, it is strength to rely on God to know what it is that we must do with our agency, and even greater strength to do it.

Rhyme inspired by the realization that I do not live
in Provo to work, but rather to build relationships.

And by the Music Video by Relient K "Who I Am Hates Who I've Been"
(Video not chosen entirely for the message of the song, but rather for the video itself. If you would like, watch the video without the sound. It will deliver the same effect)

3 comments:

  1. love the post kasey. truly inspiring... and i for one, am glad you live in p-town, even if the job situation sucks. I know it's hard but you're here because you need to be. well actually, you're not technically here...you're in denver right now. but you know what i mean girl. I'm so glad i've been able to get to know you these past several months. :) love your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. the video was good....really made me reflect. and also, the girl looks like you. :)

    ReplyDelete