Monday, February 22, 2010

Brought To You Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue

My red, white and blue poem
Will surely show it's time
That our good friend America
Got its first real freestyle rhyme

I'm not in the armed forces,
The navy or reserves
I don't go out and battle
For the liberties preserved

But I'll support our boys in blue
Until my dying day
I'll stand with my hand to my heart
When that grand anthem plays

Cuz, Liberty does not come free
I'll start down at the ground
And I'll work up to the top
'Til I hear sweet freedom's sound

I'll even work to let you have
Your differences and complaints
Against my country 'tis of thee
And I'll pose no harsh restraints

I'm a blue-jeans wearing kid
With no I.O.U. from Sam
If you don't agree, well,
Sorry, that's the way I am

Rhyme inspired by hearing the
Star Spangled Banner over and
over again as I watch the Olympics
And by Toby Keith
"Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue"

No comments:

Post a Comment