Saturday, December 5, 2009

Until You Get Your Check Next Week

Open, pull, lift, lay
Putting stickers on the books
In and out, everyday
Cleaning out all the nooks

Up and down the isles
I clean up on my way
All the different styles
For which people pay

Working at a bookstore
Makes me feel real smart
Not that I read much more
But I can still play the part

"Yes, that's a good one"
I say without a thought
"I would take it and run,
Before the last one's bought"

But let's be honest,
I've never read the books
And my opinion's the wannest
That anyone ever took

Maybe I could try and see
What the books all say
But then I would have to read
Instead of play all day

Rhyme inspired by working day
after day at the bookstore
And a humerous throwback to junior
high "Bills, Bills, Bills" by Destiny Child

No comments:

Post a Comment