Friday, December 4, 2009

Seize The Day Or The Day Will Seize You

My head is throbbing and my throat is sore
I've used enough kleenex for me and you
And all this coughing, I truly abhore
I'm worn out, my abs hurt, my head is blue

I turn the bottle in my shaky hands
The purpley syrup sticks to the sides
The sticker on the front, peeled off, expands
A sticky cherry smell talks to me and confides

"It's time to sleep, and it's time to rest"
A disgusted look sweeps across my face
The tiny plastic cup filled with a nasty mess
I swallow quickly and then cough, displaced

I stumble to bed and try to sleep
It doesn't take long until I'm overcome
Crazy dreams come and bury me deep
When I awake, my senses are dumb

I hate this stuff that makes my chest heavy
But's it's better than coughing all night
So I take it before bed and wake up unsteady
Maybe tomorrow I will feel alright

Rhyme inspired by my new dependence
on Nyquil for sleep
And Flynn "Nyquil"

No comments:

Post a Comment