Sunday, December 20, 2009

Open Me Up And You Will See

I was born in Seattle
Northern Washington
We moved down to Camas
Southern Washington

Roy was the next spot
To catch and drag us out
A summer in Michigan
And to Utah was our route

White house, yellow house
The red was even greater
Hundreds of peers and teachers
To Detroit, one year later

I've been the new kid
Eighteen plus times
'twas only a matter of days
Before I wrote this rhyme

New beginnings,
I can have my own zoo
With all of the mascots
For this prolonged haiku

It is how I live
Can't remember all the houses
Or all "my" rooms
It's like changing blouses

So you tell me why
This throwback to old fun
Feels so good
To someone always on the run

Back to the basics
Is honey to my lips
An old school reunion
Makes the beat of my heart skip

Rhyme inspired by New Beginnings
And Ingrid Michaelson "Be Ok"

No comments:

Post a Comment