Monday, September 28, 2009

When You Are Blue Wear Red

Welcome to Detroit City
I've seen things I wish I'd not, people dying on the spot
The city carries it heavy and hot, everybody is an enemy to be fought
I don't understand why people gotta end with a shot
It takes more than I got, to understand this plot

My memories expressed to only those who know me best
But i'm unimpressed by my lack of interest
How can I act so selfishly when I am so blessed?
It's time that I invest and be the one that I've professed

Only I know where I've been
I know the thickness of my skin
Me and my kin, we sin, but always come back here again
The changes in my life only begin to trickle in

But I still think about, all those kids who live without
When their life is a drought and they got nothin but doubt
Running the same route, just to find there's no way out
There's nothin I can do. Put my pillow to my face and shout


Rhyme inspired by the headlines of the Detroit News and
Chrystal Bailey, Delores Hubbard, Cabrina Coleman,
Sade, Telonda and Khadeadra
Music by NDubz "Strong Again"

No comments:

Post a Comment