Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Love You Like Pocahontas Loves John Smith

Some people think they know Shakespeare's tragedy
When they read about the girl on the balcony
But let's be real, it's his deepest rhapsody
Sit you there and hear how I remedy
I love you like a classic loves a parody
I love you like a rhythm loves a melody

If you don't believe, from my heart I spake
I'll spit it to you strait, leave no room for mistake
I love you like a fat kid loves his cake
I love you like a con artist loves it fake

Some people mess, that love's just romance
It ain't only for lovers, not just a step to a dance
I love you like an emo kid loves girl pants
I love you like napoleon loves ruling france

As a mother explains to her young daughter
People kill for love, some will even slaughter
I love you like a fish loves swimming in water
I love you like Nelly loves to get it "Hotter"

So back to Shakespeare's play and set
He meant much more than an emotional debt
I love you like Romeo loves Juliet
I love you like a fighter pilot loves his jet

Don't get confused by my intensive care
I only choose to go where most lovers won't dare
I love you like my lungs love sucking air
I love you like a tetris addict loves the square

When people say you can't love all alone
They're looking at love in the wrong kind of tone
I love you like the royalty loves the throne
I love you like ice cream loves a cone

So if you're reading my monologue
If you're pulled down with relationship smog
Just remember, as you comprehend this log

I love you like a 5th grader loves to play pogs
I love you like a blind man loves his dog
I love you like new tennis shoes love a jog
I love you like a plumber loves a clog
I love you like a princess loves a frog
I love you like a jew loves a synagogue

Love is meant for all, and that's my epilogue
I love you like a freestyle loves this blog

Rhyme inspired by Michelle Godfrey
and Garth Brooks "Wrapped Up In You"

No comments:

Post a Comment