Saturday, March 6, 2010

You've Been There, You Understand

Like vines our lives are intertwined
With flowers blooming red
Like rope our lives are tightly coiled
The fibers wound and dread

Like strangers we have walked along
Not knowing that we could
Turn to eachother in our frustration
But alone we boldly stood

How frequent must this silly thing
Occur in our seperate lives
To find a friend we did not know
Would help us to survive

Perhaps, I venture, It's possible
That here and now exists
A person that is close around
And understands your twists

Like friends we talk and remenisce
About our lives before
And as we leave the bakery
My heart has been restored

For now I see that I'm not alone
In this journey that is hard
Thank you God for showing me
How to let down my guard

Rhyme inspired by long talks with Erin Haskell
And the irony of Rascall Flatts "Bless The Broken Road"

No comments:

Post a Comment