Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Neighbor's Song

You say, my friend, that you cannot find
A song, somewhere, with your name
It will surely not fit in a tune
Is the simple thing that you claim

Sorry to say, but I disagree
For I've heard your name quite a bit
In so many notes and so many beats
It just happy and perfectly fits

I saw you lift another's sad heart
With a hug and smile truly real
As lyrical beauty, a rhythm was born
In the way you made them feel

With boldness and conviction unmoving
A record of God, you did bear
Oh, such harmony, to my ears, I heard
The ballad of truth that you shared

My cupboard once empty, you filled
And the aching pains of my soul
Were then the taste of sweet melodies
In the music I ate from my bowl

Once struggling, I wept free, in your arms
You dried up my tears with your words
From you to me, flowed a lullaby
And I felt the strength of the chords

Often I've heard the fish is the last
To notice, in the water, it stands
I wonder, my friend, if it's not also so
For the instrument played by God's hands

Now, hear the rhapsody, He will play
Through your faith, this night and day long
It is the name of Heav'n that you praise
For His, is the name of your song

Rhyme inspired by Melissa Wells (A good Neighbor)
And by St Luke 10:29-37

No comments:

Post a Comment