Tuesday, October 13, 2009

These Things Take Forever. I Especially Am Slow

Just tell me you will
It's 2:58 and I can't sleep
In the safe zone I spill
All my feelings I can no longer keep
Droppin it like it's a skill
I know it's all kind of steep
Just tell me you will
It's 3:03 and I weep
This empty space you fill
Won't you take this leap?
I'm running, but i'm still
No promises I can keep
My stomach feels kinda ill
I'm a little more than knee-deep
It's 3:10. Just tell me you will

Bright Eyes "First Day of My Life"

1 comment:

  1. What if…
    What if I thought about what you said
    What if I run straight ahead
    What if I commit like it’s my very first time
    hold to your hand just like I was blind
    What if I stop selling “Sugar” so sweet
    let you know my kisses are free
    What if I want you so bad I can’t wait
    just like “ Jordans on saturday”
    What if I finally let you understand
    just why it is you make me mad
    what if I let cupid put me in chokehold
    imagine us when we grow old
    What if I kiss you with my whole heart
    finally admit that I can’t part
    What if fight giant windmills
    just see how your heart fills
    What if I stop saying what if
    What if I say
    I will.
    Kasey, I will. =)

    ReplyDelete