Thursday, October 15, 2009

Their Prowess is Potent and Secretly Stern

The movies all say that someday you'll know
When your love is true and perfectly sure
But it's hard to believe that's the way it'll go
There seems to be no sickness to match the cure

This and more I thought as I sat on my bed
Abundantly pouring my heart and soul
Inadequate words are what filled my head
When I overwhelmingly saw the picture, whole

Panicked and scared I took deep breaths
I told myself sternly, "It's now or never"
Willing to die a thousand shameless deaths
Confidently waiting. Maybe forever

Reading this poem is a small sort of sadness
Realizing again I am lacking in words
To fully express my heart's certain gladness
And the flight of my hope as a million birds

In words much like those of Dr. Sues
I'm here to stay and I'll stay right here
From the front of the engine to the rear caboose
It's clear and sincere that I want you near

Rhyme inspired by long walks in the rain late at night
And Cake "The Distance"

No comments:

Post a Comment