Wednesday, January 6, 2010

You Know How I Feel

Honesty is overrated
It's doesn't change a thing
The only effect it really has
Is to make your insides sting

Not that lying is my choice
When faced with truthfulness
But faking that so often happens
'Tis the culprit of this ruthfulness

But on reflection I must say
This is a false assumption
And now a verse or two will fix
My over-zealous gumption

Yes, honesty can be used wrong
By those who do not treasure
A simple truth that brings to light
An unappreciated measure

But if for instance, I may venture
To be honest spoken here
You'd find out that honestly
I hate to wear cashmere

And then if I were to be brave
And speak what's on my mind
"Provo is my nemesis"
Is likely what you'd find

On the pages of my mind
You can read all day
And quickly see that it is I
Who has weakness to disobey

You'd see my faults so clearly then
In their honest light
You'd see that I cannot deny
The simple beggars plight

Every mark upon my soul
To which I have mended
Will tell you straight and honestly
Many I've regretably offended

Kindness which is always known
But devalued and disregarded
When honestly is reviewed
The actions are safeguarded

So why oh why cannot we choose
To adore and appreciate
A charity that is giv'n to us
Instead of choosing to berate

Honesty does have some purpose
I must honestly confess
It frees the soul and takes a flight
It allows one to express

Rhyme Inspired by honestly faking it
And by Michael Buble "Feeling Good"

No comments:

Post a Comment